Avenza Systems and the Cartography Specialty Group present a sponsored poster competition for the 2019 AAG meeting in Washington, DC. The purpose of the competition is to promote and recognize the effective application of design principles in the appearance and usability of map products and cartographic visualizations. Entries may be submitted as a paper poster or a URL and they will be judged in their native format. In addition, submissions should include a statement (250 words or less) describing the design goals. For display at the conference, submissions other than standard posters must be accompanied by a visual summary of the poster with links to the entry in its native format. Prize money will be $500, $300, and $200 for first, second, and third place, respectively.
- Email your poster title and design statement to Jeff Howarth (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 31, 2019.
- Please set your email header to “CSG Poster” to identify submissions.
- Please complete this registration form.
- To submit a poster for this competition, you do not need to be registered for the conference, but someone who is registered must bring a physical copy of your poster to the session to be considered for an award.
- There is a limit of one submission per person.